IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 , 2008, Vista, Windows 7.
It is trying to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.
IrfanView is trying to create new and/or interesting features in its own way, unlike some other graphic viewers, whose whole “creativity” is based on feature cloning, stealing of ideas and whole dialogs from ACDSee and/or IrfanView! (for example: XnView has been stealing/cloning features and whole dialogs from IrfanView, for 10+ years).
IrfanView was the first Windows graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple (animated) GIF support.
One of the first graphic viewers WORLDWIDE with Multipage TIF support.
The first graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple ICO support.
Some IrfanView features:
* Many supported file formats (click here the list of formats)
* Multi language support
* Thumbnail/preview option
* Paint option – to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten image etc.
* Toolbar skins option
* Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
* Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
* Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
* Fast directory view (moving through directory)
* Batch conversion (with image processing)
* Multipage TIF editing
* File search
* Email option
* Multimedia player
* Print option
* Support for embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF
* Change color depth
* Scan (batch scan) support
* IPTC editing
* Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
* Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs
* Lossless JPG rotation
* Unicode support
* Many hotkeys
* Many command line options
* Many PlugIns
* Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware messages like “I Agree” or “Evaluation expired”
* No registry changes without user action/permission!
* and much much more
IrfanView 4.56 changelog:
Updated Video PlugIn (improved Win10 compatibility, new player for MP3/FLAC)
Option to play all audio formats in main window (Properties->Video/Sound)
Option to change hotkeys for menus: Right mouse click on menu item
New option in Paint dialog: Fill rect/ellipse with transparent color
New “Edit->Insert Watermark” option: Use color to highlight an area
Option to disable mouse wheel for file browsing (Properties->Browsing)
New SVG PlugIn (Thanks to seppesol)
New XCF PlugIn (Thanks to Jacek SQ6KBQ)
New JPG option: Use QuantSmooth loading (PlugIn, thanks to Ilya Kurdyukov)
Option for page/frame filename suffix in Multipage-Extract dialog
CTRL + “Save-As” icon on toolbar calls the “Save” menu
New option in Advanced batch dialog: Add Border/Frame
New option in Insert Text dialog: Settings for Outline-1 effect (Rainbow)
New paste option: Change paste counter (Edit->Paste special)
New shapes in Hexagon dialog: Ellipse, Cloud; Spiral (thanks to Rod Stephens)
New option in Hexagon/Shadow dialog: Background transparency
Support for PSB format (Photoshop files)
Context menu added to EXIF dialog (Copy only selected lines)
New placeholder: $c (Compression text from Image->Info dialog)
Program icon updated
New Paint dialog icons (Thanks to Michael Grosberg)
CLP format moved to FORMATS PlugIn
JP2 PlugIn loading bugs fixed (thanks to Phung Duc Luan and Linhlhq)
B3D and XCF PlugIn loading bugs fixed (thanks to Zhe Wang)
Formats PlugIn bugs fixed (XPM,XBM,CR2,HDR,WBMB,FITS,DDS) (thanks to nhiephon)
MNG PlugIn loading bug fixed (thanks to zhazha crack)