Vivaldi is a web browser built for – and with – the web. A browser that is fast, but also a browser that is rich in functionality, highly flexible and puts the user first. A browser that is made for you. Vivaldi is produced with love by a founding team of browser pioneers, including Jon von Tetzchner, who co-founded and led Opera Software.
Vivaldi browser runs on Windows, Mac and Linux. If you would like to download Vivaldi for a different platform than the one you are currently running, please choose from the list of current builds below.
Here’s a look at a few features that make Vivaldi the ultimate web power tool for those who need it most.
Tab Stacks: Feel like you have too many tabs open? Vivaldi solves that with tab stacks. Drop tabs on top of each other to create a stack. It’s the fastest way to reduce clutter and keep organized. And when you’re ready to switch between tabs, Vivaldi has a number of customizations for that too.
Tab Stack Tiling: Have a big screen? Tile that tab stack and see multiple pages at the same time! With multiple tab stacks, it is like having multiple desktops!
Sessions: Take browser management to the next level. Save your favorite set of tabs as a session for later retrieval.
Notes: The perfect tool for researchers. Mark that quote and save it as a note. Vivaldi can remember which site you were browsing at the time, and allow you to take screenshots as well.
Quick commands: Access open tabs, bookmarks, history, settings and more through a command interface.
Mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts: If you really want to operate the browser at lightning speed. Mouse gestures turn a flick of the wrist into almost any action in the browser. Keyboard shortcuts do the same with simple key combinations.
Speed Dial: Your favorite sites and bookmarks easily accessible from any blank tab. Include Groups and Folders for even more Speed Dials!
Better bookmarks: Access your bookmarks from the bookmarks panel, bookmarks manager, bookmark bar and of course Speed Dial.
Web Panels: View websites in your Vivaldi sidebar. The perfect way to browse tweets, Facebook posts, or chat alongside your primary browsing window. We like to say it’s the next best thing to a “Boss button” for the web.
Personalized: Vivaldi adapts to you, not the other way around. We made Vivaldi the most customizable browser, all based on feedback from millions of users. In fact, there are more than 1 million different ways to make Vivaldi your perfect browser.
Plenty more features to discover to ensure you stay productive and effective on the web. Plus, Vivaldi supports Chrome add-ons, although hopefully you won’t need too many with so many features available out of the box.
Changelog from 2.7 to 2.8
• [New][Bookmarks] Add keyboard navigation to bookmark menu bar (VB-55365)
• [New][Bookmarks] Manager columns width should be resizable (VB-2238)
• [New][Bookmarks][Menu] Add support for hovering across horizontal menu or the bookmarks bar (VB-14300)
• [New][Keyboard] Toggle images via keyboard: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I / ⌥⌘I (VB-12944)
• [Address bar] Can not remove items from the typed history (VB-57319)
• [Address bar] Colon and a space in a search string would trigger navigation (VB-48208)
• [Address bar] Dot and a space in a search string would trigger navigation (VB-54990)
• [Address bar] Field contents not aligned (VB-55952)
• [Address bar] Pressing Esc doesn’t select the original URL (VB-56040)
• [Address bar] Searching for http(s) was not possible (VB-56567)
• [Address bar] Shift-Del on drop-down not working reliably (VB-54086)
• [Address bar][Bookmarks] Names in multi-byte characters don’t get autocompleted (VB-55925)
• [Bookmarks] Can’t tell folders and bookmarks apart when bar is set to “text only” (VB-50511)
• [Bookmarks] Cannot create a bookmark with Enter key (VB-55841)
• [Bookmarks] Custom folder images set in Speed Dial are not visible in panel and manager (VB-56657)
• [Bookmarks] Editor doesn’t update when data changes externally (VB-56295)
• [Bookmarks] Freeze on creating a bookmark with invalid URL (VB-56459)
• [Bookmarks] The spacing on the bar is too wide (VB-56989)
• [History] Bad header highlight when holding mouse button on Date column (VB-36954)
• [History] The number of selected files are not shown with select “All” option (VB-38739)
• [History] View search field not focused (VB-55981)
• [IME] Pressing Space and Delete evokes autocomplete (VB-57300)
• [Keyboard] Shift + F3 + hold Cycle broken (VB-54334)
• [macOS] ⌥ (Option)-Clicking window does not minimize all windows (VB-51684)
• [macOS][Bookmarks] Reduce spacing in bookmark bar context menu (VB-55983)
• [macOS][Fullscreen] Top part gets hidden by showing menu in Native Window mode (VB-46868)
• [macOS][IME] Pressing Delete after a space selects the whole text (VB-57355)
• [macOS][Quick Commands] Nothing happens when you try to quit (VB-52752)
• [Reader] Often removes the author and date (VB-55220)
• [Spatial Navigation] Use Shift+Arrows with the Chromium/Blink implementation (VB-55775)
• [Speed Dial] New default bookmarks replace user defined folder (VB-56416)
• [Sync][Notes] Duplication: To benefit from the change, all synced clients must include this fix (VB-57285)
• [User Profiles] Chromium logo in the management dialog (VB-54643)
• [User Profiles] Warn when deleting the active profile (VB-54512)
• [Windows] Pin to Taskbar breaks shortcut (VB-52406)
• [Windows][Keyboard] Add support for F10 with the menu bar (VB-57235)
• [Windows][macOS] Vivaldi does not check if it is the default browser on startup (VB-55597)
• [Sounds] Manually muted tab becomes unmuted when it becomes active (VB-56457)
• [Crash] Ticking ‘Block ads on abusive sites’ with private window open crashes (VB-56994)
• [Zoom] Page zoom rate doesn’t always follow your default setting (VB-56833)
• [Zoom] controls inactive after tab reloads (VB-53720)
• Prevent restart loop if UI dies quickly (VB-51539)
• [Welcome page] Sync subpage in Private window stuck at “Getting current status…” (VB-43213)
• Simpler UI for crash recovery (VB-56704)
• Upgraded Chromium to 77.0.3865.78